A Total of Over $34,000 in Prize Money Available at This Year’s Sport Horse Nationals in Raleigh
The 2017 Sport Horse National Arabian & Half-Arabian Championship Horse Show will be held September 5 -10 at the Gov. James B. Hunt Jr. Horse Complex in Raleigh, North Carolina. Sport Horse Nationals boasts Dressage, Jumper, Working Hunter, Driving, Sport Horse Under Saddle and InHand classes with a total of $34,500 in prize money possible. Contributing $15,000 in added money this year is:
- Arabian & Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian ABS $15,000
- The Young Horse Dressage class is designed for four- and five-year-old horses, performing the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) four-year-old test, which gives an opportunity for young horses to compete for prize money and against other horses in their age group.
Each of the following classes have $1,500 available:
- Arabian Sport Horse Under Saddle Jr Horse
- Arabian Colts – 2 years old
- Arabian Geldings – 2 years old
- Arabian Fillies – 2 years old
- HA/AA Geldings – 2 years old
- HA/AA Fillies – 2 years old
- HA/AA Sport Horse Under Saddle Jr Horse
- Arabian Yearling Colt/Gelding Arabian Yearling Fillies
- HA/AA Yearling Colt/Gelding
- HA/AA Yearling Fillies Arabian Dressage Training Level Jr Horse
- HA/AA Dressage Training Level Jr Horse
WHO: Arabian Horse Association (AHA)
WHAT: 2017 Sport Horse National Arabian & Half-Arabian Championship Horse Show
WHERE: Gov. James B. Hunt Jr. Horse Complex, 4601 Trinity Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
WHEN: Tuesday, September 5 through Sunday, September 10 starting daily at 8 a.m. Complete schedule available at ArabianHorses.org/SHN.
Credentials: We welcome all media and press outlets during the event. We ask that you give us notice if you are going to be on grounds. For more information or to schedule an interview, contact Mikayla Boge at (303)597-8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filming and Photography: Local press are welcome to film and photograph throughout the show in specified areas with a media credential pass. B-roll of the setup of the show can be shot starting on Monday, September 4 leading up to the show. The show formally starts on Tuesday, September 5 at 8 a.m. and will last until Sunday, September 10. To obtain at media credential pass and to learn of the specified areas for filming and photography, contact Mikayla Boge at (303)597-8251 or email@example.com.
Social Media: We have a very strong social media presence at our national shows and invite you to follow, share, retweet and repost any of our social media posts. The official hashtag is #ahaSHN17.
Interviews: For an interview before or during the show, or to set up an interview with an exhibitor during competition, contact Mikayla Boge at (303)597-8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Exhibitor interview eligibility will be dependent on class schedule and athlete availability.
- Glenn Petty – Executive Vice President
- Deborah Lynn Johnson – Vice President
- Mikayla Boge – Director of Marketing
- Kelsey Berglund – Director of Events
- Exhibitor interviews dependent on schedule and availability of athlete
Questions: For more information on the upcoming event, schedule or Omnibus, visit the show webpage or contact Mikayla Boge at (303)696-4569 or Mikayla.Boge@arabianHorses.org.
© The Arabian Magazine, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Arabian Magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
error: Content is protected !!