Discover the 92 lots catalogued for the 2022 Purebred Arabian Sale
Taking place the day before the prestigious Qatar Arabian Trophy des Poulains et des Pouliches (Gr.1s PA) and in partnership with AFAC, the Purebred Arabian Sale will take place on 29 September at Saint-Cloud racecourse.
The catalogue, available online at www.arqana.com, brings together 92 racing and endurance lots that are made up of horses in-training and two-year-olds, as well as breeding stock that includes mares and yearlings.
A selection of 36 well-bred two-year-olds will go under the hammer, led by Caram’bar (lot 22), a son of Mahabb out of a half-sister to multiple Group 1 PA winner Lady Princess and the very talented Mister Ginoux. Offered by The Channel Consignment, the colt also hails from the family of Group 1 winners No Risk Al Maury and Nouba Al Maury.
Of note among the other lots:
- N Wika (lot 10), a son of Munjiz out of a sister to Group 1 PA scorers NOREEN and Nirwan. Offered from Haras de Saint Faust, the colt is a half-brother to Group 1 PA placed Nalink
- MJ Athena (lot 24), from Haras du Saubouas, a half-sister by Af Albahar to this season’s dual Group 1 PA winner Samlla, from the family of the excellent Djainka Des Forges
- Prince Monlau (lot 25), a son of Al Mamun Monlau out of Group 2 PA winner Djelana that has already produced dual Group 1 PA winner Khataab and group PA scorer Djelamer, from Haras du Grand Courgeon.
The best stallions will also be represented, such as Al Mourtajez, Dahess, Mahabb, Munjiz, No Risk Al Maury etc.
The two-year-olds will be followed by a breeding section made up of nine broodmares and fillies out of training, including:
- Callirhoe (lot 40), a half-sister to dual Group PA winner Artemis, out of Group 1 PA scorer Ocyrrhoe from the family of Arabian Wolrd Cup (Gr.1 PA) winner Fazza Al Khalediah, from Haras de Gouffern
- Dormalla (lot 43), a sister to group winners Dormah De Brugere and Dormadora, offered in foal to Af Albahar from Haras du Saubouas
Two yearlings will also go through the ring including lot 37, a son of Kalino out of Coupe d’Europe des Chevaux Arabes (Gr.1 PA) at SaintCloud heroine Maleehah, from Haras de Victot.
A total of 45 quality lots for the endurance and horses-in-training section
After producing Moshrif, the winner of the Qatar Arabian Trophy des Poulains (Gr.1 PA) the day after going under the hammer, as well as the Qatar Derby (Gr.3 PA) at Doha at the end of the year, the endurance and horses-in-training section will see 45 lots go through the ring and will close the sale.
Of the horses-in-training that have already shown their talent on the racetrack:
- Sundus (lot 50), placed in his last two races over 1600m and 1500m for Madame Jean-François Bernard. The well-bred daughter of Group 1 PA winner Magadir ASF is from the family of group PA winner Margau
- Haras de Victot will offer Salwa as lot 62, a son of Kalino out of multiple Group 1 PA scorer Raqiyah. Group PA placed at three, the half-brother to dual Group 1 PA winner ABBES was most recently fourth in the Prix Dormane (Gr.3 PA)
- Listed placed last season and runnerup on her last two starts, Ariadna is lot 76. The very consistent daughter of Dahess out of dual Group 1 PA winner Anastasya has a current rating of 43,5.
Among the endurance profiles:
- Hertier La Majorie (lot 57), a son of CEI** 120km placed Padisha La Majorie, that has already produced CEI* performer over 100km Danube La Majorie, from EARL Arabe Endurance
- Haroun El Azziz (lot 69), ), a half-brother by the top stallion Azziz De Gargassan to this year’s CEI*** 160km placed Bolchoi El Akim, from the excellent family of Quran El Ulm, Baikal El Milora and Sacha El Khandhaar, from Atlantic Endurance
- Hapic De L’aulne (lot 73), consigned by Aulne Endurance, a son of a CEI** 120km winner, already the dam of CEI*** 160km performer Alto De L’aulne and this season’s CEI** 120km placed Aulne Carko
- This year’s CEI* 100km placed Iron Font Noire (lot 98), from the family of CEI** 120km winner Irianka Font Noire from the leading family of CEI*** winners Olympik Larzac, Vandik and Gourbi, from Elevage de Font Noire.
Moshrif, Qatar Arabian Trophy des Poulains Gr.1 PA, Saint-Cloud © Zuzanna Lupa
Five wild cards
The sale will also have the addition of five horses-in-training that have joined the catalogue as Wild Cards following their recent performances on the racetrack.
Madame Jean-François Bernard will offer three of these, including the five-year-old Arion (lot 60), a half-brother to the very talented Jarif. The winner of The President of the UAE Cup (Gr.3 PA) last year, the son of Dahess has a current rating of 103 and finished fourth in the Premio Milano UAE President Cup (Gr.2 PA) this season.
From the same trainer and sold to dissolve a partnership, Fleur Du Soleil is lot 70. With a current rating of 97, the four-year-old daughter of Munjiz won the Prix Arca over 1600m at La Teste in August. Very well-bred, the half-sister to Methgal is from the close family of the excellent Ebraz, Mu’azzaz, Mared Al Sahra and Raahah.
A sister to Jarif and Arion is also offered from Madame Jean-François Bernard – Hazal will go under the hammer as lot 75. With a current rating of 100, the four-year-old has been placed in three of her five starts this season, notably winning the Prix Mandore sur 1900m at La Teste this summer.
Charles Gourdain will offer Jade De Faust (lot 65). Never out of the first four in four starts, the three-year-old filly won over 1600m before finishing third in the Prix Razzia III (Gr.3 PA) this season. The well-bred daughter of AF Albahar is notably from the family of Nirwan and Noreen.
Finally, the very consistent Lila Star (lot 80) will be offered by Olivier Trigodet. The four-year-old has been placed on each of his starts, and the daughter of Ameretto has a current rating of 100 following her victory in the Prix HH Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum over 2000m at Mont-de-Marsan on 10 September.
Purebred Arabian Sale: 29 September, Saint-Cloud. Click here to see the whole catalogue.